Sunday, June 10, 2012

How can time fly?

It seems as only yesterday that I was flying to Denver to the hospital there for lung treatments/evaluations and here it is almost 6 months/1/2 year later.  Well apparently planes aren't the only thing that flies, also time.   As a child I heard that as a child sooo many times, especially at family reunions.   So, one day I sat at my Granny's Country Stoop in Grant Alabama and with my stringing curling air, sunburnt, knees and face and freckles every where, I sat watching my Granny's windup alarm clock......  

I was unusually quiet and was counting as the second hand moved and ran out of slow, outloud numbers and almost fingers before it moved to the next minute!!! I heard a soft chuckle from the door, and smelled the smell of Granny - bath powders and vanilla and desserts and canning and love...... 

Next I heard her say, in her Appalachian voice of love,  "Nancy Jo, what are you up to..... Don't ruin my clock now!"

I answered,  " Granny time still doesn't fly,  I have been counting seconds and they are the same for every minute.... Now why do people lie about that?"    

She looked at my intensive face and I at her face of love and laughter....  She couldn't answer she laughed so hard she chuckle.  And said,  " Come on honey it's time to feed the chickens and I bounded bare feet and all to feed the chickens"..... I jumped for joy and alternately feed the chickens and me out of that bid apron of hers filled with biscuits and cornbread.. We all ate very well at snack time.

Clock long forgotten until now......And Now I'm one of those folks who now say Time Flies.........