Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Are you in a Storm? Fear Not, The Lord is With You

Are you in a Storm?  Fear Not, The Lord is With You

January 30, I sit on our sofa, watching the news for tornadoes, high winds, warnings and bad storms in Alabama and Georgia and the Southeast, we’ve been out several times to check on the animals.  Our farm house, structure doesn’t really have good storm shelter, no basement, only one inner room – but that one  has windows.  I am calm, as prepared as I can be. Makeshift helmets assembled as requested by FEMA and ready to go to the inner closets in a minutes notice. Several years ago the Bowdon area was hit severely and as a child, I saw the destruction from tornado in my homeplace.  I still recall coming home from the North GA mountains to a home with trees down and my petite mother pushed to the bottom of a very long stairwell by the storm. Today, Jacque and I are as prepared as we can be and  I’m looking for those verses of shelter and comfort so that this blog can be a piece of comfort to both readers now and in the future. We are praying for all in all the storms of life. This is no apology, this blog is quickly written as I don’t know when there will be power or internet outages.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. --Deuteronomy 31:8

There are so many Biblical verses of comfort and shelter in the Lord and that no matter what, He is there. I do knowThe Lord is my rock and shelter, my everypresent help in times of trouble.  Thank you Lord for your 24/7 watch on my life.

I love the beautiful music in this UTube


Fear not…..
 
Dear Readers know that God is with you, that whatever storm you are going through in life, be it weather, physical, emotional or other, you are never alone.   May God bless you always and may you know His presence and comfort now and forevermore. Amen